While it may not be widely known, the Twin Cities are a hot spot for a diverse amount of culinary gems. Yeah, we do love our tater tot hot dish, a classic comfort food, but we also have a deep appreciation for what the talented chefs in our community bring to the table (see what I did there?).
Here’s a round up of our CFO Leo’s absolute favorite cannot miss food finds around the city!
The Burger – Parlour Bar
- Juicy ground chuck double patty on a brioche bun. No quality lost upon delivery.
- Combo up with swiss aioli and you’re good to go
- Some say it’s the best burger in the Twin Cities. I tend to agree.
Pro Tip: Recreate their signature old fashioned at home!
Chana Masala – Himalayan
- Chickpeas with onions, tomatoes and spices. Vegetarian never tasted so good.
- Garlic naan is an obvious choice to help soak up every last bit.
- Moderate your heat level on a 1-6 scale. The high end of the range is not for the faint of heart.
Pro Tip: Can’t decide on an appetizer? The Himalayan Platter gets you a little bit of everything.
Kingston Jerk Chicken – Pimento
- Served with the perfect combo of coconut rice & beans, sweet fried plantains and island slaw
- Don’t forget the Coco milk bread on the side
- Good for the body, mind and soul
Pro Tip: Combine the Kingston Kick (hot jerk BBQ) and Neutralizer (sweet onion) for a divine combo
Pho Tai – Quang
- Sliced rare beef and all the delicious fixins embody Vietnam’s national dish
- Fennel and variety of herbs make for a complex flavor
- Warms up the soul during the harsh winter months
Pro Tip: Over a dozen boba teas to choose from, you can’t go wrong with your pick!
Tacos al Pastor – Sonora Grill
- Pineapple salsa and crèma verde are the perfect accompaniments
- Corn tortillas or bust
- Not a pork person? Try the chicken version
Pro Tip: Double up on the queso, you’ll thank us later.