Collard greens skyrocket in Minneapolis! Who knew?
From Seattle, Washington, to Palm Beach Gardens, Florida—and 375 cities in between—our drivers were busy in 2018! They hustled scrumptious food from more than 11,000 restaurants to the doors and desks of thousands of hungry Americans.
Throughout the year, we saw some interesting ordering trends across the country. A southern favorite, collard greens, became the hottest new craving in Minneapolis, Minnesota, while down south in Gainesville, Florida, gator dishes grew in popularity by almost 700 percent!
Nationwide, we watched wings climb the charts to number one, while salad orders took a nosedive following November’s romaine lettuce recall.
And while the top five ordered foods across the country were (1) wings, (2) burgers, (3) pizza, (4) burritos and (5) fried rice, in Minneapolis, Minnesota, folks had their own unique favorites with grub from Coconut Thai and Red Cow taking the lead!
Minneapolis’s Top 10 Most-Delivered Foods in 2018
- Pad Thai from Coconut Thai (2nd year in a row)
- Naan from Darbar India Grill (2nd year in a row)
- Mac & Cheese from Revival
- Fresh Thai Spring Rolls from Coconut Thai
- Sweet Corn-Cornbread from Brasa Rotisserie
- Fried Cream Cheese Wontons from Coconut Thai
- Kingston Style Jerk Chicken from Pimento Jamaican Kitchen
- Cheddar Drop Biscuits from Revival
- One Love Special from Pimento Jamaican Kitchen
- Ultimate Burger from Red Cow
Minneapolis’s Top 5 Favorite Restaurants in 2018
More or Less
Minneapolis folks ate a lot more collard greens (6739 percent more) and banana cream pie (1869 percent) in 2018 than the year prior (thanks to the arrival of Revival!), and also significantly more Tennessee Hot Chicken Sandwiches from Red Cow. It seems the city fell in love with soul food in 2018!
And ordered considerably less steamed dumplings, mushroom & swiss burgers and lemon chicken.
What’s to come in 2019? It’s all up to you!