Memphis likes to get Wimpy!
From Seattle, Washington, to Palm Beach Gardens, Florida—and 375 cities in between—our drivers were busy in 2018! They hustled scrumptious food from more than 11,000 restaurants to the doors and desks of thousands of hungry Americans.
Throughout the year, we saw some interesting ordering trends across the country. A southern favorite, collard greens, became the hottest new craving in Minneapolis, Minnesota, while down south in Gainesville, Florida, gator dishes grew in popularity by almost 700 percent!
Nationwide, we watched wings climb the charts to number one, while salad orders took a nosedive following November’s romaine lettuce recall.
And while the top five ordered foods across the country were (1) wings, (2) burgers, (3) pizza, (4) burritos and (5) fried rice, in the Memphis, Tennessee area, folks had their own unique favorites with grub from Wimpy’s Burgers & Fries and Noodles Asian Bistro taking the lead!
Memphis Area’s Top 10 Most-Delivered Foods in 2018
- The Wimpy Burger from Wimpy’s Burgers & Fries (2nd year in a row)
- Whole Wings from The Wing Factory (2nd year in a row)
- BBQ Nachos from Germantown Commissary (2nd year in a row)
- Craft Your Own Pizza from Pizza Rev
- Egg Rolls from Noodles Asian Bistro
- Signature Double Burger from Wimpy’s Burgers & Fries
- Fried Rice from Noodles Asian Bistro
- Deviled Egg from Germantown Commissary
- Stix Fried Rice from Stix
- Shanghai Spring Rolls from Noodles Asian Bistro
Memphis Area’s Top 5 Favorite Restaurants in 2018
More or Less
Memphis folks ate a lot more fries (up 2786 percent, y’all!) in 2018 than the year prior, as well as cheeseburgers, chips and salsa and corn nuggets.
And ordered considerably less sesame chicken, General Tso’s chicken and egg rolls.
What’s to come in 2019? It’s all up to you!