Out with soup, and in with fries!
From Seattle, Washington, to Palm Beach Gardens, Florida—and 375 cities in between—our drivers were busy in 2018! They hustled scrumptious food from more than 11,000 restaurants to the doors and desks of thousands of hungry Americans.
Throughout the year, we saw some interesting ordering trends across the country. A southern favorite, collard greens, became the hottest new craving in Minneapolis, Minnesota, while down south in Gainesville, Florida, gator dishes grew in popularity by almost 700 percent!
Nationwide, we watched wings climb the charts to number one, while salad orders took a nosedive following November’s romaine lettuce recall.
And while the top five ordered foods across the country were (1) wings, (2) burgers, (3) pizza, (4) burritos and (5) fried rice, in Knoxville, Tennessee, folks had their own unique favorites with grub from Moe’s Southwest Grill and Chuy’s taking the lead!
Knoxville’s Top 10 Most-Delivered Foods in 2018
- Burrito from Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Creamy Jalapeno from Chuy’s
- Create your Own Burger from Knox Burgers
- Eggroll from Lotus Garden Chinese
- Chick-fil-A Chicken Sandwich from Chick-fil-A
- Homemade Banana Pudding from Dead End BBQ
- Fajitas for One from Chuy’s
- Triple Dipper from Chili’s
- Thai Noodle from Surin of Thailand
- Chuychanga from Chuy’s
- Earmuffs Burrito Bowl from Moe’s Southwest Grill
- Crab Rangoon from Lotus Garden Chinese
Knoxville’s Top 5 Favorite Restaurants in 2018
More or Less
Knoxville folks ate a lot more french fries (2533 percent more) in 2018 than the year prior, and also significantly more chicken hibachi, fried okra and wings.
And ordered considerably less creamy tomato basil soup, grilled cheese and chicken nuggets.
What’s to come in 2019? It’s all up to you!