You guys really love chips and McDonald’s!
From Seattle, Washington, to Palm Beach Gardens, Florida—and 375 cities in between—our drivers were busy in 2018! They hustled scrumptious food from more than 11,000 restaurants to the doors and desks of thousands of hungry Americans.
Throughout the year, we saw some interesting ordering trends across the country. A southern favorite, collard greens, became the hottest new craving in Minneapolis, Minnesota, while down south in Gainesville, Florida, gator dishes grew in popularity by almost 700 percent!
Nationwide, we watched wings climb the charts to number one, while salad orders took a nosedive following November’s romaine lettuce recall.
And while the top five ordered foods across the country were (1) wings, (2) burgers, (3) pizza, (4) burritos and (5) fried rice, in Columbia, South Carolina, folks had their own unique favorites with grub from McDonald’s and Wild Wing Cafe taking the lead!
Columbia’s Top 10 Most-Delivered Foods in 2018
- Chicken Nuggets from McDonald’s
- Spring Rolls from M Vista (2nd year in a row)
- Create Your Own Burger from Smashburger
- Naan from 2 Gingers
- Pulled Pork Plate from The Pot Smoker BBQ
- Pork Egg Roll from Jin Jin Chinese Restaurant
- STP Dipper from Groucho’s Deli of Columbia
- Chicken Tikka Masala from 2 Gingers
- Grilled Teriyaki Chicken Hibachi from Grilled Teriyaki
- Apollo Dipper from Groucho’s Deli of Columbia
Columbia’s Top 5 Favorite Restaurants in 2018
More or Less
Columbia folks ate a lot more chips (3635 percent more) in 2018 than the year prior, and also significantly more french fries, cheeseburgers and Homewrecker Burritos (Moe’s Southwest Grill).
And ordered considerably less General Tso’s chicken, as well as less al pastor tacos and fish tacos.
What’s to come in 2019? It’s all up to you!